New 3D model for materials plastic + electric

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

New 3D model for materials plastic + electric

Post by Petas »

What do I need to add in the hierarchy to make more points for plastic mining ? idk
I will look new object for mining raw materials.

Next, I want soldiers not to get through the model.
I'm not saying I have good maps and that I'm a great player. I'm giving into that the most of my time.
WebSite https://petasv.wixsite.com/petasvideos
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/PetasVideosTV
GameRanger ID 5603072
DISCORD ID : PetasVideosTV#9499
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: New 3D model for materials plastic + electric

Post by TommyCD1 »

E]x[F-Sniper wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:00 am This image will give you an idea of what an object should look like. This is a sample of the batteries I created in 3DS Max 8.
Notice the hp-resource# and hp-resource-move# points. In this case they are made by using simple pyramids.

The green pyramids are the hp-resource# This is where the dump trucks' beam will hit and collect from.
The blue pyramids are the hp-resource-move# This is where the dump trucks will move to and stop, then shoot their beam at the green pyramids. So hp-resource1-move will beam hp-resource1. (Colors don't matter, they are just for identification purposes.)

Since I created hp-resource1, hp-resource2, hp-resource3, and hp-resource4, I also created hp-resource1-move, hp-resource2-move, hp-resource3-move, and hp-resource4-move and connected them in the schematic view. Reference the image I posted.

So this resource object will attract a total of 4 dump trucks.

As an added bonus, I also show the sp-0 layer. The minimum size of the sp-0 layer is 1 cell in the grid or 8m by 8m. The sp-0 layer is used so that no other units can walk or run over your resource object. Without it, the dump trucks will simply past right through the batteries.
Also, the sp-0 layer and hp-resource points will not be visible in the final export.
As is said here by Sniper, you'll need to create small hardpoints with the correct name in order to have dumptrucks use them. In the hierarchy, they should ideally be direct children of the root, since any lower and they will not be rendered while not on screen. (sourced from the DR2 mesh making manual)
  • Put all non-hardpoint (non-essential) animations below the 2nd heirarchy level.
    • The root and all its immediate children will always be simulated, everything deeper is only simulated when visible.
To prevent units walking through your model, you'll need to create a flat square, name it "sp-0", and set it as the lowest point on your model. This should be the same size as the number of square cells you wish your object to command. (One cell is 8m x 8m). The sp-0 layer should also be a direct child of the root.
Once you've done that, you can add your .god file into the studio by making a custom unit or prop that uses it, and then through the studio itself is where you can edit the .god's footprint.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974