Unlock Framerate

Download and install some cool Army Men Mods made by our community.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Unlock Framerate

Post by TommyCD1 »

Download this to have your framerate unlocked to go as high as it is able.

Download link

Extract to your Army Men RTS root directory.

Does not interfere with online play!

Recently on this new Windows 10 computer, I've been having some compatibility issues with the game. So looking for solutions, I found that Dark Reign 2 has a native option to display a framerate. The way it does this is by printing a variable to a module, much in the same way it tells you the time elapsed or resources spent in a mission. The variable for this was:
  • sys.framerate
So while searching AMRTS to see if it has the same variable, I also discovered another variable.
  • sys.elapcap
I believe this variable is some kind of framerate divider. But from a literal standpoint, the lower this value, the higher the game's framerate cap is. This mod will change this variable to 1 (as low as it can go), meaning the framerate shouldn't be divided at all, since it must be a whole integer, and dividing by 0 won't end well...
mmm
This variable exists in both games, and in Army Men RTS, it is by default set to 17. In Dark Reign 2, this variable is instead set to 8. Coincidentally, this computer runs Army Men at around 30 FPS, while Dark Reign 2 runs effortlessly at 60 FPS. Changing this variable easily boosted my framerate to more acceptable levels.

Now typically your game may already run at 60 frames. That's likely, but this will actually unlock your framerate. I've had one person say this allowed their game to run at 240 frames! So if you have some framerate issues, or you want to make your game look a bit nicer, I would recommend trying this out.

This mod has been tested both offline and online, and no changes or side effects have been noticed during gameplay.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Petas
Map Maker
Map Maker
Czech Republic

Re: Unlock Framerate

Post by Petas »

I'll try it out :GAME:
I'm not saying I have good maps and that I'm a great player. I'm giving into that the most of my time.
WebSite https://petasv.wixsite.com/petasvideos
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/PetasVideosTV
GameRanger ID 5603072
DISCORD ID : PetasVideosTV#9499
E]x[F-Sniper
Admin
Admin
Mexico

Post by E]x[F-Sniper »

I went from 56fps to 60fps =))
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yeah same, but now my lowest FPS went from 21 to 60. So this will definitely help lower end PCs. :tehe:
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974