Army Men RTS: Advanced Mod - Demo

Mods that are being worked on. You can post your teaser here.
j3rry
Map Maker
Map Maker
Russia

Army Men RTS: Advanced Mod - Demo

Post by j3rry »

WARNING! This version is out of date. Full version can be found here.

Demo verision of the Army Men RTS: Advanced Mod. It covers some changes to Army Men RTS gameplay, such as balance improvements and variety of new AI personalities that are capable of providing challenges in battle. It includes 16 maps and 4 AI personalities.

Download link

Installation:
Just run amrts_advmod.exe and choose your Army Men RTS directory to install. It will not break your game. Modified maps will be tagged. It is also recommended to use only Advanced-AIs included in the mod. Another AIs (default.x) should be moved out from 'Army Men RTS\mods\persona' folder. Also make sure that you have 688 MBs of disc free space!

Credits Changelog
Units

Code: Select all

* Minesweeper
Minesweepers can only spot mines, not destroy them. Now ighting units are required to destroy mines.

+ Flamethrower
It is strong against infantry and is capable of doing splash damage, so it can easily deal against swarms of other infantry units. Scorch hero stats also have been changed — it can also deal splash damage.

* Mortar Man
Mortar Men are a much more useful element in game now. They are capable of damaging stationary infantry and armored units. Same feature goes for Shrap.

* Sniper
Fixed TargetStyle type improving their AI.

* DumDum
Added PotShot parameter, so DumDum explodes automatically near the target. Construction time was also increased from 15 to 25 seconds.

+ Boat
Unique vehicle, which is enabled only on maps with moderate amounts of water coverage. You must build Garage near the water to produce boats. If you do not do that, your boats will be stuck within the garage.
Each boat has one spinning turret with two barrels on it. Boats have a large amount of firepower, slightly less than Tank, but a bit more than Halftrack and Chopper. Also they are capable of successfully fighting against aircraft and buildings because of high fire range, so they are great for naval assaults.

* Paratroopers
Paratroopers airstrike price has been decreased. Now it costs 300 plastic instead of 500.

* Magnifying Glass
Added stun effect, so if units are caught under it, they will not be able to move for around 8 seconds. (Gluebomb produces similiar effect.)
AI

Code: Select all

* Specializations
Advanced-Infantry produces a lot of various infantry.
Advanced-Tanks1 constructs many Tanks and infantry at the beginning. It also upgrades its HQ and uses DumDums at later stages.
Advanced-Tanks2 also specializes on Tanks, but instead of upgrading its HQ it builds advanced infantry units.
Advanced-Air, being an aircraft master, also produces a lot of Grenadiers and Halftracks.

+ Airstrikes
AI players can use paratrooper strikes and bombing runs, heightening the risk of aerial attacks.

+ Bonus
AI players has been boosted by some bonus resources. Now even SBS against AI could be dangerous.
Last edited by j3rry on Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Army Men RTS: Advanced Mod - Demo

Post by TommyCD1 »

Had an epic battle with the new computer players and modified units. Game took all 40 minutes of defending against computers and then using new units to poke through defenses.

I highly recommend anyone with friends to take on this challenge of even teams and leave some feedback!
Attachments
Screenshot 2.png
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
unikc
Half Track
Half Track
Indonesia

Post by unikc »

Finally A mortarman is useful
back then i try to make a mortar man shot automcaticly to the target but i doesn't want it soo i scrap the idea and stuck wtih a manual targeting mortar man
Another day another idea 8) :C
BTW I Love Easy Modding.
sout12
Machine Gunner
Machine Gunner
United States of America

Post by sout12 »

Glad people are still working on the game and mostly the AI thanks a lot for this <3
:O HI!!