How to team color textures

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
AntonSlavic
Grunt
Grunt
Greece

How to team color textures

Post by AntonSlavic »

Hey guys, i got a question how to team color textures?

Its noobiss question i know but am new at modding at this game and there are 3 objects that i would like to team color.
The objects in question are the 2 tupes of tents and a flag from mission 1.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: How to team color textures

Post by TommyCD1 »

The polygons of a model's color is determined during the process of creating the .god file. It's a little complicated, but the short version is this:

Each triangle can either be
PURE WHITE
or
FLESH COLOR

If it is pure white, the triangle will render completely white, and its texture will determine the color / appearance of it.
If it is flesh color, the triangle will render in the same color of the team that owns it. I.E. Green or Tan.

You can easily tell what kind of triangle it is by going into wireframe mode. For example, while most units are completely flesh colored with pure white guns; Vikki is the complete opposite. Her body is pure white, while her pistol is flesh color.

In your case, the two objects you want to edit are both pure white. This means their color is baked into the texture itself, which you will have to open with an image editor and change manually. This also means that they cannot be colored to a specific team without prior context. (I.E. the player will ALWAYS be green in mission 1).

Editing .god files is currently impossible by current means.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
AntonSlavic
Grunt
Grunt
Greece

Post by AntonSlavic »

Thx for replay
So is it possible to then manualy flesh color the textures useing some editor and if so wich one and how?

Here is what ive done so far, changed to color manualy to tan, on some maps the tents and flag will be green, on some they will be tan.
Example being, green for the mp map (behind the tan curtain) and tan for the mp map (scorched turf)

i honestly have no idea of what am doing here, and honestly have more truble figuring this out then i did for creating an AI persona for GB.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The only way to change the color of the triangle itself requires editing of the mesh itself, which is impossible. We'd need the original 3D modeling assets from the dev team for that.

The best you can do is have multiple tent props, each with a different .god file, when then are each colored differently. Although, once again, this will depend on the color of the .tga texture file, and not the team. So for example, a red tent will always be red, even if the team that lives there is not red.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
AntonSlavic
Grunt
Grunt
Greece

Post by AntonSlavic »

ah so i need to model then the tents from scrap then....
Well saw a forum on it (something about tank and a truck. So in basic its to make a new 3d model, no way around it.
{Colonel}Jo-Eg
Sniper
Sniper
Egypt

Post by {Colonel}Jo-Eg »

:S: :S:
Just Dream.......... :zZz:

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
From its claws a lion is recognized.
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ