DavidTheTech AMRTS Tools

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
DavidTheTech
Programmer
Programmer
Ireland

DavidTheTech AMRTS Tools

Post by DavidTheTech »

Hello, I have created various tools for AMRTS as I've been learning more about the games code.
So here are a few
  • 1. User Friendly Dr. Packer
    2. New Studio Launcher
More will be created soon, give some suggestions to me on discord as it's easier for me to respond quicker
DavidTheTech#7463

User Friendly Dr. Packer
This can be used to easily pack and unpack files for AMRTS and DR2

ImageImageImage
Download https://mega.nz/file/s8xgzaDB#gty05MPQs ... ZDl68cc-bQ

New Studio Launcher - DOWNGRADED???
I've had to revert to using the old studio launcher due to a dll injection bug where it wont inject the studio dll
Official studio mode for AMRTS with a nice and easy to use launcher

Info - Place all files in the same folder as amrts.exe and run Studio Launcher.exe
AND MAKE SURE TO HAVE AUTO LAUNCH STUDIO ENABLED - A new update will come eventually where it wont be needed, hopefully.
WIN VISTA AND ABOVE
Download https://mega.nz/file/xtoUwSDC#VLs72fNgq ... sMWp0XzJY0

WINDOWS XP
RELEASE SOON
If you are using this on Windows XP then you will need to install the following
Windows Imaging Component
64-Bit https://mega.nz/file/9xQASRwD#LtqMni25e ... GwUY2ivG4o
32-Bit https://mega.nz/file/olYAmZQB#SuaThGYpa ... 375R5kzF68
.Net Framework https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=17718
Last edited by DavidTheTech on Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
I was the first one to officially unlock studio mode for Army Men RTS
Add me on Discord DavidTheTech
Jumper Snipèra
Grunt
Grunt
Belgium

Re: DavidTheTech AMRTS Tools

Post by Jumper Snipèra »

Good day.

I tried the Studio injector today. The Studio launches when I auto launch it, however it does not work when I simply inject it without auto launching it. With this, I mean the button on the top right does not appear. In fact, no reference to the studio appears within the game when I do it that way.

The files are in the correct folder because I can run the game and launch the studio from within the injector, so I would like to report this a bug, however I have a slight suspicion I may have done something wrong and I would like to ask for some assistance.

To conclude, the files are in the Army Men RTS folder, launching I can launch the game from within the injector, I can also launch the studio with the auto launch feature. The only issue is that I can't see the button in the game itself to launch the studio, which means I have to restart the game every time I want to use the studio again. Is this my fault or is there indeed a bug in the injector?

Jumper Snipèra
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The button to launch the studio ingame is commented out of the game's files. In order to gain access to it, with or without the injector, you need to modify the following files.

Inside the shell.x archive will be this file.
if_shell.cfg
You will need to modify line 29 as such:
  • Before

Code: Select all

if ("sys.buildtype", "!=", "release")
  • After

if ("sys.buildtype", "==", "release")
Next, you will need to modify line 719 of the same file in the same way:
  • Before

if ("sys.buildtype", "!=", "release")
  • After

if ("sys.buildtype", "==", "release")
After that, you'll see a button in the top right corner of the main menu labeled 'Missions'. By clicking on it, you can then select any .x mission located within the missions folder, and either launch it as a single player map, or launch it in studio mode. Note that the studio button will not do anything unless the studio has been injected first.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Jumper Snipèra
Grunt
Grunt
Belgium

Post by Jumper Snipèra »

I've got it working. I will give a hint however. Your reply automatically assumed that I would know where shell.x would be located, which wasn't the case. I assume for you, who has been actively working on this game for a while, you instantly knew where to find it, but this isn't the case for me who has not visited this forum for the past 10 years. I only got into modding this game about 2 months ago, mind you. I am currently already working on a project, but I will mention more about that once the time is right in the correct section.

A big thank you nonetheless!
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Well, I DID just assume that, given that you are actively using the studio that you would be at least familiar with the file structure of the game. But oh well. I guess you know where it's at now? If not, you can find it in the ../client/p/ directory. Inside there you'll find the shell.x file.

And also just incase, you can find the /../ directory as the game's main directory, which is where the game's .exe file is located. The easiest way to locate that, is to right click on the shortcut you use to launch the game, then click on 'Open file location' in the context menu that appears.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
Jumper Snipèra
Grunt
Grunt
Belgium

Post by Jumper Snipèra »

I am indeed familiar with the file structure, just never went to that particular folder. Other than that, I got the studio working and am experimenting with it to see how I can use it the most efficiently. I already have custom software to help me with my project and I have to make sure I can keep that same standard of programming/modding the files. I am going to start on analysing that tomorrow. Soon, there might be a product I have created on this forum. I don't think it will be too soon just yet though.
MG_Pro
Grunt
Grunt
Egypt

Post by MG_Pro »

Hello

I downloaded your tools but it's didn't work.
Because I am using windows xp 32 bit.

Is there any another way?
Or you can tell me how to inject the studio. :|
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Hello to you as well MG.

Unforutunately, according to David, the tools provided were written using C# on the .NET 4.0 framework. Windows XP is only capable of supporting up to the .NET 2.0 framework. Therefore, I would recommend that you at least upgrade to Windows Vista or even Windows 7 if you can. These should allow you to acquire said frameworks and run the tool.

If upgrading is not an option for you, then David has told me he may write a secondary version of the injector that is capable of running on the older .NET framework for XP users, so you could wait for that if time is not a concern.

Otherwise, if you are truly desparate to get any kind of studio up and running, then I can also suggest trying to use the Dark Reign 2 studio instead. It is a older Pandemic game that runs on the same engine as Army Men RTS, so if you can run this game, then you should also be able to run Dark Reign 2. You can grab Dark Reign 2 for free from the leaked code repo found here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/darkr ... ult/source

And to get it to support Army Men RTS worlds, you can install these files to it:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/qdicxdef ... o.zip/file

Please note that the Dark Reign 2 studio is very deprecated and supports very little in the way of Army Men RTS. Major things, such as props, will be unavailable to you, so I recommend getting David's tool to work instead.
"Can we order a pizza?"