Problems in AMRTS Studio by David

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Problems in AMRTS Studio by David

Post by TommyCD1 »

{RaheeXF} wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:12 am 1. Why can't I select "wallcin" and zip "wallcin" in livingroom map? Also, this happens with other big objects.
2. How to design minimap using Paint.Net, please make a video if you can.
3. Why trails doesn't work on insect teams/units?
4. How to set a timer of seconds, minutes, and hours?
5. Anyway to enable WallObj() for bwposts in Studio?
6. How to disable fog? (I didn't understand when you were showing in live)
7. How to edit mission names? For example:- #mission.name.S17
8. How can I change Sarge's name to Sarge The Boss or something?
9. How to change brush's size using Alt in Studio?
10. Please explain step by step, how to edit the texts of the goals.
11. How to do an Explosion when a tag of units enters a region?
12. How to add trigger? For example: If Sarge comes in Region24, then do an explosion at Sarge's position.
13. Please make a video about "How to design minimap for maps".
1. Not all props can be zipped. It depends on the prop's .GOD file whether or not it uses a footprint. This is not something you can change, so don't ask.
2. 13. You need a tutorial on how to use a paint program? I just take screenshots of the props from a bird's-eye view, then shrink and impose them onto my mini-map, although most of the time it's better to simply draw your maps by hand...
3. They do. Make sure you are correctly calling on the trail you want to use, and that your squad is not only being recruited, but also that everything you have typed is spelled correctly. You can paste your code here if you are not sure and would like help.
4. Timers count down in increments of seconds. You can only enter an amount of seconds total, so if you want, say, 3 minutes, then you will have to enter that time in seconds. (180)
5. WallObj is added automatically by the studio. Once two fences are zipped, you may select one, and then while hovering over another fence, press the L key to link them. Keep in mind that ingame restrictions will still apply, such as the fence's max distance, height cut-off for hills (fences cannot exceed 10 meters in elevation.), and team orientation (enemy fences cannot connect to each other.).
6. You cannot with the current studio. That is what I explained, I manually added that button shown in the video.
7. You cannot. This data is stored in the english.dat file. The best you can do is simply name your file directly.
8. You cannot. This data is stored in the english.dat file.
9. To change the brushes size, simply press the + and - keys on the NUMPAD specifically. You do not need to hold any mod keys while doing this.
TommyCD1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:00 pm
{RaheeXF} wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:54 am What the..... My game just stops when I copy your code and edit the Text to "Destroy all mines"! Please just give me a file that you have done before or tell me how to fix this. Please.
The code I posted is not complete. It is only there to highlight what edit you need to make to the real file. The if_game_medalgoals.cfg file (which I have attatched) can be found inside the ingame.x archive. Take it from this post or from there, and then find the code chunk I posted from before and edit it to match.
11. Use this code in your action module:

Code: Select all

SelfDestruct()
    {
      Tag("TAG_NAME_HERE");
    }
12. There is a conditon for if a unit enters a region. You can use this, or you can also check for specific tags.

Code: Select all

Condition("InRegion")
  {
    Region("finish");
    Team("Green");
    Type("*")
    {
      Amount(0);
      Operator(">");
    }
  }
I would recommend taking a look at the game's single player missions for guidance, since not only do they use most tricks of the engine, but they are also all commented.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much for answering my questions! You are the best person I have ever seen in my life! Also, I have a little question for ya, I successfully added the goal texts but, it's like glitching with the sentence "mission.S17.goal-0". Can you help me with this? Thank you again.
:GAME: :SWEET: :blah:

*Also I am just a 13 years old child, not a big man like ya. So please don't mind if I say something wrong or stupid. :D*
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Sir Tommy, is it possible to make a player control 2 different teams? (I tried but failed). Please answer if you can. Also, can you give me your version of studio which has the option to remove fog? I need that because I will take the bird-view like you said and import it in my minimap like you. Also, I am very confused about cineractives but I am figuring out slowly that how to actually make one, I made one also! I would be really happy if you give me some tips about cineractives and answer these questions. Thank you, sir. :SWEET: :GAME:
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

The goal text as of now can only be modified in the ingame pause menu only. The text on the defriefing screen uses completely different code which cannot be modified on a per mission basis, so it will remain illegible for now. As long as you can see your goals in game while playing, I don't really see an issue to be honest.

It is not possible to control two different teams at once. Units can only be assigned to one team at a time, and also giving two different teams the same ID number will result in a game crash when exiting the map.

As for my studio, it's an expirimental build that I am using for my own use and is not stable. Giving it out in its current state would cause more harm than good, and I am still working on it as we speak either way.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Okay, I understood everything you said. Thank you for answering my questions. Ah anyway, I asked you to give your Experimental Studio because you said there is no options to disable fog in the Studio. I want to disable the fog because, you said, you take a bird-view of the map and import it into the terrian_custom.tga (I guess). By the way, very special thanks to David for unlocking the Studio and saving our time. Also, thanks to you for still helping me!

(Do I have to pay for these forums or something? I am scared, LOL)
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

No. Thankfully these forums will be free for the forseeable future. At worst they may go down for maintainence or other from time to time, but you can always count on them otherwise. You won't have to worry about putting money in or having your activity be capped or anything like that, as long as you're reasonable with the rules.

The trick I mentioned with taking screenshots will still work even with fog enabled. In fact, it helps you, since you can obscure the ground with the fog color, then chroma-key that fog out in post. Besides, if you're scrolling high enough that fog is showing up, then you are likely too far away from your prop that detail will be lost anyway.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Ah, I didn't understand what you have said about the fog and minimap. I mean, what should I do? Should I take a screenshot from the sky or screenshot something else, and then should I import it to the terrian_custom.tga? Like what you actually did? I am really confused! :(
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

How to add a timer and how can I show it at the top using a red color? For example:- I want a timer to show on the very top of the screen. When the timer runs out, the mission will be failed. Also, is it possible to set the default player's camera to other directions in single-player maps? Eh by the way, what means 25 in "NewObjective("Heavy1",25); "? :GAME: :?
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

The Problems I am facing while making the terrian_custom.tga

1. When I go too high up to take the screenshot of the whole map, the fog appears very badly.
2. What do you actually mean? I don't understand. Please kindly make a video about how you make the terrian_custom.tga for me or give me step by step about how to make terrian_custom.tga.

More questions

1. Is there any way to create Scripts using the Studio?

Thank you.
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

{RaheeXF} wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:02 pm Ah, I didn't understand what you have said about the fog and minimap. I mean, what should I do? Should I take a screenshot from the sky or screenshot something else, and then should I import it to the terrian_custom.tga? Like what you actually did? I am really confused! :(
{RaheeXF} wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 am The Problems I am facing while making the terrian_custom.tga

1. When I go too high up to take the screenshot of the whole map, the fog appears very badly.
2. What do you actually mean? I don't understand. Please kindly make a video about how you make the terrian_custom.tga for me or give me step by step about how to make terrian_custom.tga.
What I do is take a screenshot of the object from a top down perspective.
Screenshot 0.jpg
And then cut the object out of the screenshot and then use it from there.
doll-sitting2.png
doll-sitting2.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
doll-sitting2.png
doll-sitting2.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
{RaheeXF} wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:54 am How to add a timer and how can I show it at the top using a red color? For example:- I want a timer to show on the very top of the screen. When the timer runs out, the mission will be failed. Also, is it possible to set the default player's camera to other directions in single-player maps? Eh by the way, what means 25 in "NewObjective("Heavy1",25); "? :GAME: :?
{RaheeXF} wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:22 am More questions

1. Is there any way to create Scripts using the Studio?

Thank you.
I highly recommend you read through the Dark Reign 2 technical reference manual, as it goes over all of this in much better detail than I could here, and all of it applies to this game as well.
https://pandemic.bzscrap.org/dr2/downloads_tools.htm
If you are having trouble viewing it online, I would suggest downloading the offline version and reading through that instead, since it seems the ToC actually works in that version.
https://pandemic.bzscrap.org/dr2/tools/const_kit.zip
"Can we order a pizza?"