Mods Questions

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Mods Questions

Post by {RaheeXF} »

I Have Some Questions
  • How to get the loading screens of multiplayer and singleplayer without the texts?
  • Is there any way to copy and paste objects in the studio?
  • I got a key bind which says Bind("ctrl alt f", "echo 'Showing Fog'; common.debug.showfog"); in If_common_keybind_debug.cfg. What this does? Does this turn off or turn on fog? I tried the key bind in studio but it gives an error.
  • How did you made the Accessing loading screen? Explain me step by step, please.
  • How to edit Unit Limit to 100 or 200? (Where is the file for unit limit?)
  • How to remove terrian color?
Thank you. By the way, making hills or walls all around the map is very hard, can you give me some tips or is there any way to do it faster?
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: How to make new models?

Post by TommyCD1 »

1. I created it manually in paint.NET by cutting out the text, and then coloring the bottom layer image. I uploaded a template for the vanilla load screen here on the forum, you can find it.
  2. No.
  3. They are remnants of debugging commands that were using during development. When the game was compiled, these commands were commented out. The only way to restore them is if we were to obtain the Army Men RTS source code.
  4. Place these two files into a folder named 'base' in your studio launcher directory.
    if_studio_load.7z
    (106.46 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
    if_studio_load.7z
    (106.46 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
  5. There are several ways. If you create a custom map, you can use this command in your Action() module in an objective.

Code: Select all

SetUnitLimit(180);
    Alternatively, you can use this line in the game.cfg file when defining teams. However this will be undone if you re-save the map using the studio.

Code: Select all

CreateTeam("Player", 0)
      {
        Color(255, 255, 255);

Relations()
        {
          With("Target", "Enemy");
          With("Player", "Ally");
          With("Enemy", "Enemy");
          With("Ally", "Ally");
        }

DefaultClient(1);
        AvailablePlay(1);
        HasStats(1);
        RequireAI(1);
        Side("army");
        SideFixed(1);
        KnockedOut(0);
        UnitLimit(180);

Objectives()
        {
          ReaperId(774);
        }
  6. Using white is effectively the same as using an eraser tool. By default, the secondary color is pure white. Simply hold shift to use it.
  7. There is no way to automatically do the hills at the edges. You have to do them manually. Each time. Yes, I do them manually each time as well.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much! You are awesome! I am very glad that, a player of AMRTS is still alive and active! Thanks a ton, mate! :D :GAME:
Anyway, I meant, how can I change "Player's Manual Unit Limit ( Which is currently 70, I guess )". Also, I need your fog remove-able studio because when I try to screenshot sofa, I need to go high up and when I go high up, the fog appears (with a gradient color which can not be removed by magic wand tool in Paint.Net).
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Please give me your fog-removeable studio.
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

If you're scrolling so far up that fog is appearing you're going too high. No prop in the game is that large that it needs it anyway. Not to mention the fog doesn't actually remove the far plane cut-off. If you turned the fog off the problem would still exist.

I'm not giving out my studio build not only because it accomplishes nothing new the original cannot already, but also because it is buggy and unstable, and I am still working on it in order to not only improve features and bugs, but also revamp it's interface to match the rest of the game. I work on it on and off when I have free time and it will finish when it's ready. But for now, it is unnecessary when compared to the studio available right now from David. Do not ask for it again.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Okay... :W
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Hello, big man! I hope you are fine! Thanks a lot again for playing my first ever map made using Studio of David. I have understood the problems and took some reviews from you and made a map named Horrible Yard. This one has no AI cause the last one was stupidly shit. So this time, no custom AI. I will make harder and brilliant AIs soon! So thats all. Bye, big man, Thomas! :GAME: :C

Anyway, when I color underneath a Sofa or any Props, it shows in studio but not in terrian.tga, why? I saw your minimap stream and saw that, it works for you but not for me. Why? Thanks.
Attachments
Horrible Yard.rar
The 2nd Map of Mine (Best Map Ever :p)A
(18.63 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Horrible Yard.rar
The 2nd Map of Mine (Best Map Ever :p)A
(18.63 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

1. Don't let it get to you if your first attempt(s) are less than optimal. We all have to start somewhere, just take it in stride and learn from it.
  2. Please, when uploading maps, create a new topic over on the New Maps forum. Be sure to include media with your map! (Screenshots or video)
  3. The terrain.tga that is auto-generated by the studio ignores terrain coloring. It only renders the actual heightmap of the geography. If you want the color to show up too, you'll have to either:
    • Paint it manually with a paint program.
    • Import your map into the DR2 studio and use the Terrain Color brush (3 key) to render the map. (This is the method I used on stream)
    • Wait for the current studio to be updated to support said rendering feature.
  4. When you edit your post, there is no notification that you have done so. If you want me to see your question, please either include it the first time, or make a new reply. I am not going to check your posts specifically every time I log on to look for edits. :BOO
Also, my review for Bedroom Battle is still being worked on. It takes time, I want to be constructive and not just sad "it's bad". I'll play your new map on stream tomorrow as well, but again a review will take some time.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much and OK, I will upload my maps in the New Maps and attach some pictures and videos (if possible). Please, take your time to review, I have no problem about that. Thanks a lot again and I hope you will enjoy my map (Horrible Yard) tomorrow. Good bye and good luck. Anyway, that means if I edit a reply or post, it doesn't notify you? And also, I have a another question, how can I add a terrain to a map? Like my custom grass or sand, etc.
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

How are they playing smoothly using 200 or 300 units per player? Can you please answer this? I am giving a link of the video. Just watch it from start to end and explain. Thanks.

The Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-y2xWfinco&t=294s
*RaheeXF*