Mods Questions

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: Mods Questions

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much for answering! :">
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Tommy, I have decided to not make any maps until David releases the Minimap and Console fixed Studio because, it is really hard to make the hills around a map without automatic system and also, making a big map design with a black minimap is just shit and useless but, I respect David for his hard work, Thanks To Him for the Studio but I am not gonna make any more maps, until the Studio comes with minimap and console. That's it, anyway, don't think that I am leaving AMRTS, I will stay with AMRTS and your streams but I won't make any maps, that's all.

Also, I have some questions,

1. Is there any way to make hills like a straight line using Shift or something?
2. How can I make a move block region from the start of the map and to the end of the map?

Thank you very much and I hope you will understand what I have said. Thanks a lot. Have a nice day and bye. See you soon. <3

:GAME: :blah: :PB
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

#RespectToDavid
#RespectToTommyCD1
#AMRTS
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

That's fine. You don't have to be a modder or map maker to participate on these forums. You can just leave reviews for maps, mods, or even find games with others if you like. I also hope that David can figure things out for the studio, in fact him and I have been working on it together, but it's slow going as I'm sure you can tell. It was never meant to be used in the first place, so it's bound to be buggy and all.

Also, I mentioned before that a potential solution for you: create a map with the hills around the edges the first time, then save it without anything else. Now, when you want hills, simply load that map again and begin working.

1. No. The best you can do is simply go slowly a little bit at a time, and use Backspace to undo mistakes.
  2. When you create a region, click and drag the mouse to change its size. Once you've done that, you should be able to see light blue arrows at the four corners of the region. If you click and drag these, you can further increase the region's size. This is how you can create a move::block region that spans the length of the entire map.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much for your answers. Also, I hope that the minimap and console will come soon. Anyway, could you please tell me that, can we make hills using Console? Anyway, what if I want a smaller map with hills? Huh? 😐
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

You can make a heightmap using a paint editor and then import that into the studio using console, yes. But the AMRTS engine currently doesn't have a console, and so you'd need to do that with the DR2 studio, and then convert your terrain.blk from that studio over. The heightmap has to be
  • Greyscale
  • .TGA format
  • 8-bit or 256-bit color depth exactly
Then you can import it using this console command
  • studio.importbitmap C:\Users\Yourname\Pictures\example.tga 0
Where C:\... is the direct pathname to the image file, and 0 is the difference in highest point to lowest point. (Can be anywhere from 0 - 1 inclusive)

And secondly, just make a second, smaller version of your template. Would you rather make it everytime instead?
:W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thank you very much for your answer. Also, I have more important questions. Please try to answer whenever you can.
  • How to convert the DR2 terrain.blk to AMRTS terrain.blk for the Studio?
  • Is there any list of the console commands?
  • Can you hide the objects to color the underneath of the objects? If yes, what is the hotkey?
  • Is there any way like sys.importbitmap to make walls around the map using Console in DR2 then convert it to AMRTS terrain.blk or something else?
Thanks a lot again for your help and I will start making maps again cause this is gonna help me a lot! Thanks man! Have a good night or day.

Bye friend. <3 :D :PB :GAME: :W :blah:

#RespectToDavid
#RespectToTommyCD1
#LoveAMRTS
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Oh, also, is there any way to tell the console to make the hills using a specified terrain? For example:- I want to make the hills using Rock.tga. Thanks again.
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

I copied the terrain.blk from the DR2 missions folder and pasted in my map's folder and it worked! But the hills in the minimap becomes like this when I use 0.8. Anyway, does 0.8 means 80 in the AMRTS Studio?

Thanks again. :GAME:
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

{RaheeXF} wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:29 am
  • How to convert the DR2 terrain.blk to AMRTS terrain.blk for the Studio?
  • Is there any list of the console commands?
  • Can you hide the objects to color the underneath of the objects? If yes, what is the hotkey?
  • Is there any way like sys.importbitmap to make walls around the map using Console in DR2 then convert it to AMRTS terrain.blk or something else?
  • Simply copy the file from DR2 over to AMRTS. You may have to reblend the map if the textures do not show up ingame.
  • No. You can find the Dark Reign 2 source code and then do a search through that for possible cmds, but keep in mind that they might not all still exist within AMRTS, not to mention AMRTS doesn't even have a working console right now.
  • No. You have to either delete then replace the object, or simply paint underneath it.
  • Yes. You can create a heightmap with the mountains, then import it each time. However, you will still need to apply ground textures and paint to this. A heightmap can only store elevation.
{RaheeXF} wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:49 amBut the hills in the minimap becomes like this when I use 0.8. Anyway, does 0.8 means 80 in the AMRTS Studio?
The float number at the end doesn't correspond to any kind of unit of measurement. It just determines the amount of different between the highest and lowest points of the heightmap. Typically, I use around .2 - .5
"Can we order a pizza?"