The complexity of creating new models for the game (please help)

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

The complexity of creating new models for the game (please help)

Post by matik246 »

Okay, so i have been immersed into the magic of modding this game for about half a year by now, and the wonderful people in a discord server dedicated to amrts have taught me alot about map creating, terrain textures, making custom units, changing their stats, but also their voicelines, attack sound effects and even attack visual effects and the unit's textures. The only thing that i still have no idea on how to properly work with, are models. Now, i do know that models for amrts are only accepted in the .god format and that this format is the result of a .xsi file conversion, however i feel like i will need to know more than just how to make a model and then save it in a .xsi format, then convert it into .god, for most units in amrts have firepoints or drivers or footprints, and i would like to know how to get these working as well. Essentially what i am aiming for, is either making completely new models for the game, or at least editing the ones that already exist, because with that knowledge and knowledge of coding in different objective scenarios, there is so much potential in creating new multiplayer maps, or even singleplayer missions, or heck, even essentially recreating the entire game in a different fashion! This kind of knowledge and power over a game is really having me interested on how far i could let my imagination go. However, i am unfortunately not a very good modeller and i especially have no idea how to use the softwares for this game, since they are nothing like what i have used so far to make 3d models. I would really appreciate if there would be someone who would be able to teach me on how to make a model for the game, assign it it's own textures, add fire/exit points (depending on what kind of unit it is) and maybe even help with it's animations. Thanks in advance!

(btw i am Lucas the Chainkiller, the person who commented on TommyCD1's "Muddy Affairs" youtube video, just for clarification sake)
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: The complexity of creating new models for the game (please help)

Post by TommyCD1 »

So I've just finished the thing you wanted me to write. I put as much into as I could, but some of the smaller things like aimable turrets or animating within modeling software I left out because I don't know how to do it. Either way, hopefully this helps you out.

viewtopic.php?p=15191#p15191

Also this post was in the wrong forum, so I moved it for you.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
matik246
Grenadier
Grenadier
Czech Republic

Post by matik246 »

Thank you, i will take a look at it as soon as i can. Sorry for not answering sooner, i had multiple problems with my pc. Thank you again
:kittty: :kittty:
Maximo5252
Grunt
Grunt
Argentina

Post by Maximo5252 »

=D>