I dont understand the parameters of a script...

Have modding questions or discovered something new? Post here.
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: I dont understand the parameters of a script...

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Now the AI is just stuck.... I told the AI to take grunts in the recruit_types.cfg and set "acceptInsufficient" to 0. It is just waiting with one grunt which is set in base_army_orderers.cfg.
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Make sure your Orderer is set up correctly. There are several things that can go wrong.

First, make sure your orderer has a good Manifest. The Manifest has the most drastic effect on how a base manages the units. It is recommended to use "OrdererLevel" as your manifest. That way only the units produced for that specific orderer are considered to satisfy it. Otherwise, you can use "BaseLevel" if you want to limit the number of units a base makes. Effectively, this will allow any unit built by the base to count towards the Orderer, even if they currently belong to another Orderer. This can be useful for things such as facilities. Keep in mind that in order for a unit to belong to a base, it must:
  • Not currently be under use by a script
  • Have been built by the base via an Orderer
  • Be manually assigned to a base via the use of the AssignBaseUnits or AssignBaseConstructors functions.
Alternatively, your base will be blocked from building any new units if it hits the unit limit. To prevent this, you can try one of the following solutions:
  • Create a dedicated team especially for your Base
  • Manually adjust the team's unit limit
  • Remove some pre-placed units from the map
Remember: the default unit limit is 70 units.
{RaheeXF} wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:21 pmIt is just waiting with one grunt which is set in base_army_orderers.cfg.
I am unsure about this, what do you mean? Have you set the ORDERER to only produce one grunt? Because if that is the case, it will only build one grunt then. A base has no way of knowing what units a script wants, and will not build units to accommodate a recruit type. The Orderer needs to build an amount of at least the amount of units required by the script.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Thanks a ton for helping! The AI is very powerful and it is working perfectly! But I have still one more question, why does the amount of plastic of Tan change to 2000 randomly after opening the map? I set it to 100000000 in the game.cfg but when I open the map 3 or 4 times with the editor, the amount of plastic changes to 2000. Why?
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

That is a studio bug. It can happen sometimes when editing a team's properties through the studio itself, since when the window is opened it automatically highlights the entry field for resource values. Maybe it can be fixed should the studio ever get worked on again, but for now it's simply an annoying bug that has to be dealt with, like the nonfunctional Mini-Map...
:W
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

How to fix the sky box? Do you fix it by going to the Color Tab and using the bar underneath the Cloud bar?
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes. Press 3 on the keyboard to switch to the Terrain Tweak brush. Then to adjust the altitude of the skybox, use the slider located directly beneath the button labeled "Clouds". Keep in mind that if the skybox is too close to the ground, it may not render at all.
"Can we order a pizza?"
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

Will you stream today? I am gonna upload the map today if you stream....... The map is done, just the difficulty testing part is left....
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

CHECK OUT THE NEW MAP! OOF! CAME BACK AFTER A LONG TIME!
https://clanexf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2907
*RaheeXF*
{RaheeXF}
Map Maker
Map Maker
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by {RaheeXF} »

How do I tell the AI to directly attack the Tan Base without a trail? Does "squad_move_typetoregion" this work for that? If yes, then how do I use it? What does region.src and region.dst mean?
*RaheeXF*
TommyCD1
United States of America

Post by TommyCD1 »

Yes, you can tell a squad to move directly to a specific region using another script. Although this is not recommended, as the game's natural pathfinding will not find the best route for attacks, and will simply try to draw the shortest possible line from point A to point B. In some cases, if there are many obstacles in the way, this line may not even be the most efficient.

For most scripts that use regions, '%.region' is the map region you want your squad to move to. However, for scripts that recruit squads based on proximity, or squads that don't recruit at all and instead manually spawn units into existence, then '%.region.src' is the region that your squad will either spawn from, or the origin point for recruitment to take place, and '%.region.dst' is the same as before: the region the squad will move to.
"Can we order a pizza?"