Studio Manual?

Talk about anything that has to do with the Game.
JuLY.LION
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Studio Manual?

Post by JuLY.LION »

Has anyone created a studio manual for AMRTS yet? I get we have the Dark Reign 2 "Construction Kit" but I have to wade through all the non-applicable information, it's missing information that should be there, and also I just really hate looking at the neon-green terminal format. If nobody's gotten started yet, I'd like to create my own and make it available to view on GitHub.

Here's what I whipped up today, using some Dark Reign info as a placeholder. Still missing a few things.
Turns out that introductory HTML class I took in community college was good for something afterall :kittty:
“It’s not like I live for all of humanity to like me.” – Sakuta Azusagawa

Follow me on Mastodon: @JuLY_LION@mastodon.social
Subscribe to my YouTube: @JuLY-LION
Contact me on Discord or Guilded: discord.gg/jRguKc8 || guilded.gg/JuLY
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Studio Manual?

Post by TommyCD1 »

I had the exact same idea... I hadn't started quiet yet, but this what I was going to do. I was going to modify the existing DR2 stuffs to update them for use with Army Men and it's nuances. But I wasn't sure how to host it, or whether I should convert it to forum posts or something. If have a GitHub account and can display HTML pages in browser like I think it does, then I'd be glad to share my project files once finished if you're willing to host them.
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
JuLY.LION
Grunt
Grunt
United States of America

Re: Studio Manual?

Post by JuLY.LION »

The site's now live, but not very functional for now. GitHub is gonna let me host these pages for free as it's just static HTML, on the condition I don't have more than a gigabyte of content in repo and it's not sending more than 100 gigs of data per month to viewers. So I'd say I'm good for a long while.

https://july-lion.github.io/AMRTS-Dev-Manual

I'll have some chapters done soon! 8)
“It’s not like I live for all of humanity to like me.” – Sakuta Azusagawa

Follow me on Mastodon: @JuLY_LION@mastodon.social
Subscribe to my YouTube: @JuLY-LION
Contact me on Discord or Guilded: discord.gg/jRguKc8 || guilded.gg/JuLY