Modded Campaign Mission S15 "Heart of Plastic - Heroic Hardcore" for AMRTS vanilla

Custom Single Player Maps
Forum rules
Required: All new map posts must include a direct link to the map, either screenshots or a video, and a description.
Not Required but Recommended: It would be a good idea to include a voting poll in your post so that others can rate your map.

How do you rate "Heart of Plastic - Heroic Hardcore"?

Fit only for the trash heap
No votes
Subpar
No votes
Middling
No votes
Respectable
No votes
Very Hard... and Great
No votes

Total votes: 0

Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Modded Campaign Mission S15 "Heart of Plastic - Heroic Hardcore" for AMRTS vanilla

Post by Secg »

This map is a stand-alone download and works in AMRTS Vanilla.

This map is .7z and has to be unzipped into a folder (named S15 - Heroic Hardcore) and not an .x file because for unknown reasons my drPackez app refuses ( X-( ; :-w ) to pack the S15 folder into a .zwp file which I can convert to .x file using NotePad++. Sincere apology!

Instructions:
  • Download the map: FIXED!
  • Unzip the S15 - Heroic Hardcore.7z file into a folder S15 - Heroic Hardcore (I recommend right-clicking on S15 - Heroic Hardcore.7z, then choosing the option "Extract to S15 - Heroic Hardcore\" in the drop-down list);
  • Rename the folder S15 - Heroic Hardcore to just S15
  • Put the folder S15 into story < missions in your vanilla AMRTS directory.
  • Enjoy! :SWEET:
Some Features (not all):
  • Modified cutscenes:
    Spoiler
    • Vanilla:
      Ahem...
      vs.
    • Heroic Hardcore:
      Ahem...
  • Instead of starting with just 2500 Plastic & 800 Electricity like in vanilla, player shall start with 5000 Plastic & 2000 Electricity
    Spoiler
    Vanilla:
    Heroic Hardcore:
  • The whole map is mined,
    Spoiler
    • so bring Hoover along; he's finally useful ( :ROCK: ).
  • All Tan's attack trails have been redesigned.
    • The Tan won't attack until around the 5-minutes mark, then they will attack without relent.
  • Balanced-related stuff (not exhaustive):
    • All Heroes are stronger and tougher, including Hoover ( 8) )
      • All Heroes are now clad in hero armor, making them taking 20% less damage from most sources (except each other)
    • The generic Sniper is outranged :S: by Bullseye;
    • Paratroopers are now dropped in squad of nine, instead of just five; however, the Paratroopers Airstrike now costs 900 Plastic & 100 Electricity;
    • Magnifying Glass no longer costs any Plastic, but only 300 Electrcity and immobilizes its victim for its entire duration;
    • Radio Operator now costs 300 Plastic & 300 Electricity instead of just 400 Plastic;
    • Minesweepers are built from Super HQ instead of Barracks and costs 25 Plastic & 25 Electricity
      • Minesweepers are slower yet have increased Seeing Range.
    • AA Guns require Super Duper HQ to be built.
    • Choppers' HP reduced from vanilla 600 to 500 (as stated on p. 19 of AMRTS manual); however, they are effective against both Infantry & Vehicles and are immune to Magnifying Glasses and Bombing Runs;
    • The Green Team's unit limit is 170 (from vanilla's default 70 & Heroic 1.1's default 140):
      • Most non-combatant units and buildings cost only 1 Command Point (CP) each;
      • Grunts only cost 1 CP each;
      • Grenadiers, Machine Gunners, Bazooka Men, Mortar Men, Snipers cost 2 CPs each;
      • Guard Towers, Pill Boxes, Halftracks, Tanks, & Choppers cost 3 CPs each;
      • AA Guns cost 1 CP each;
      • DumDums cost 4 CPs each ( :o );
      • Heroes cost zero CP each, as they are the Green Army's Commanders.
    • Mortar Men's & Shrap's have a seeing range of 89, farther than Guard Towers', Pillboxes', and Blintz's Acid Guns' attack ranges; so they can safely raze those base defense to the ground from a safe distance. use that to your -the Player's- advantage. Yet beware that Tan Mortar Men can and will do likewise towards your base defense.
    • And many more...
Last edited by Secg on Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
TommyCD1
United States of America

Re: Modded Campaign Mission S15 "Heart of Plastic - Heroic Hardcore" for AMRTS vanilla

Post by TommyCD1 »

@Secg the download link in the post just links back to this page. Can you fix it please?

Also, what packing program are you using? drPackez is not working? Are you using David's tool?
I may not make the best maps, or be the best player, but I put a lot of time, effort, and care into my stuff. That counts for something, right? No.
"Can we order a pizza?"
GameRanger ID: 913974
Secg
Half Track L2
Half Track L2
United States of America

Re: Modded Campaign Mission S15 "Heart of Plastic - Heroic Hardcore" for AMRTS vanilla

Post by Secg »

TommyCD1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:00 am @Secg the download link in the post just links back to this page. Can you fix it please?
Sincerely apology to all forum users, including TommyCD1.

I can no longer edit the original post. However, better late than never to fix the Download Link

S15 - Heroic Hardcore
TommyCD1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:00 am Also, what packing program are you using?
DrPack, which I downloaded from here.
TommyCD1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:00 am drPackez is not working?
Unfortunately, No. For reasons still unknown to me (updated windows? :? I can no longer play DR2 on my PC any more :( ).

Should have used DavidTheTech's tool.
ImageImage